1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
I started reading and
taking online workshops shortly before my daughter was born in the beginning of
2013. I had always been known to be the one behind the camera so having my
daughter gave me the perfect opportunity to start learning. After studying for
about a year, I started up my business.
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I live in Old Orchard
Beach, Maine. It's the perfect location for photo shoots on the beach. My
newborn sessions take place in my client's homes. Other sessions take place on
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I shoot with a Nikon D700.
My favorite lenses are my 50 f/1.8 and my 85 f/1.8.
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
Yes, while I specialize in
newborns, I also do maternity, family, and child photography.
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
My style is clean and
classic. I like to focus on the smallness of a newly born baby and capture all
the little details.
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
Yes, I've both studied on
my own and taken workshops. I'm a big fan on Ana Brandt's training videos.
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
I make a lot of my props,
as well as scout out local thrift stores. I try to minimize props because I
8. What are three things you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
The photography aspect is
50%. The business aspect is the other 50%. Some would even argue the business
aspect is more.
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I just joined
NewbornPhotography.com this month so I really look forward to everything it has
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
These are my top 5 because
they reflect my clean and classic style.
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Website | Facebook |
NBP Profile | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
I'm a wife and a mother to
an almost two year-old girl named Lydia. She is my life and continues to
inspire me every day. Besides photography, I enjoy crafts, writing, and
enjoying time with my family.
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!