1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
I first picked up a camera
in high school when I took a film class and I loved it. However after that I
didn't pick up a camera again for many years. After I had my son I started
shooting again and really found my passion. I started by business about 2 1/2
years ago and it has been an amazing ride so far.
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I am located in
Fredericton, NB Canada. I have a studio set up in my home that I do most of my
shooting in. I do on location work outside when the weather allows.
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I shoot with a Canon 5D Mark iii. I only own 3 lenses and they are really all of my favorites since they all have their own place. They are a sigma 35mm 1.4 ART, sigma 50mm 1.4 ART and a canon 70-200 2.8 is ii. I really can’t pick a favorite since I love them all.
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
I have always admired
newborn photography. It is truly beautiful. I always hoped that someday I could
do it. Being able to follow that dream is amazing.
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
I think my style, is
clean, simple and dreamy. I get inspiration everywhere. It could be from a
price of fabric, a season, or from one of the amazing photographer I admire.
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
I have taken a couple of
courses from the Milk Way, which I enjoyed.
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
I love RTS sales! When I see something I like I want to have it now, so RTS sales are great for me! My favorite vendors are TC Creation, Headband so Chic, Inspired By Adele, DaddyMack Hats, and DucklyandJuicy Designs, just to name a few.
8. What are three things you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
Be true to you, it is
great to be inspired by others but make it your own! Be patient, it is true
that good things come to those to wait. Nothing happens over night, give
yourself time to learn and grow. Have fun!
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I love the community feel.
There is no pressure. Everyone and nice and helpful.
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
I love these images as I
really feel like they show my style and they really speak to me. Clean, simple
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Website | Facebook |
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
I am a mother to an
amazingly crazy 3 year old boy. A wife to a wonderful, supportive husband. I
love animals, I have 3 cats and 2 dogs. I also enjoy horse back riding. Family
is very important to me, my mom is my best friend and I am so thankful to have
her. I have a bit of a crazy life and I love every second of it. LOL
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!