1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
I started Photography in
2008 and began my Business in 2010.
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I am in Naples Florida. I
started in my home, moved to a space then just recently moved into an 800 sq ft
new space that I am absolutely on fire about. I shoot families and children on locations, but prefer my Newborns in Studio.
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I shoot with my Canon 5D mark
ii. I favor my Sigma 35MM (which changed my world) and a 100 Macro Lens. I use
an Alien Bee 800 with an umbrella.
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
I love babies. I just love
them. I love talking with new moms to see how they are doing. I think working
with Newborns keeps me from having to have more, hahaha. I also do Weddings,
but prefer Newborns.
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
My style is soft and my
colors are natural. I do not like a lot of bright colors for infants. They are
so unique and soft that I try to mirror that in images.
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
I have not taken one on
one training but have watched many online classes including Keri Meyers' which
was awesome. One of my 2015 goals is to attend a Workshop or have one in my
Studio ...eehh ummm Keri ;)
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
Mostly Etsy. I love Woodsy
8. What are three things you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
1) Don’t expect your business to take off over night.
2) There is a lot more business that goes into succeeding than I ever thought.
3) In this profession you never stop learning.
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I haven't been a member
long, maybe 4 months. I love the inspirations and all of m favorite Newborn
Photographers in one group. You are all such an inspiration to me.
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
I can't really choose my favorite... I have so many! Here are a few...
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Blog | Facebook |
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
I am a mother to my 17 month
old son and a wife to my most supportive husband. I would be lost with out the
both of them. I thank God every day for all that I have.
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!