1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
I have always had a
passion for photography always a camera in my hand taking pictures of what I
was doing of friends and family. It wasn't until my first daughter was born in
2010 that I started my Business. In 2012 I decided to focus on Newborns.
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I am located in the small
town of Grimsby, Ontario in Canada :) I have an in home Studio which is
reserved for Maternity, Newborns and babies up to One. However I do photograph
families, toddlers and children outdoors on location.
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I shoot with a Canon Mark
3 and my 35 sigma art lens rarely leaves the body. However I do have a Mark 2,
70-200 2.8 canon , 24-70 2.8 L Canon , 100mm Macro Canon , 50 mm 1.4 Canon and
a 24-105 L Lens.
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
I absolutely just LOVE
photographing all things Baby!! I photograph Maternity, Newborns and Babies. I
also do photograph families through out spring summer and fall when requested.
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
I believe less is more.
Simple is best when photographing a newborn baby. I prefer to use soft colours
& neutrals to keep the focus on the baby. I find inspiration through
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
Every year I like to further my education with either an online workshop or in person work shop. You can never stop learning!
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
I love prop shopping !!!!!! Some of my favourite vendors for
headbands and outfits include Just Hatched Photography Props, Dear felicity,
Tiny Bean Baby, Zoi Knitting Newborn Photography Props. I usually shop Facebook
8. What are three things you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
1 - You can never stop learning
2 - Less is more - No need to buy a hundred props when you are just starting out
3 - NEVER GIVE UP !
and work very hard. I'm confident success will come if you're all in
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I love this community! I love being able to share insight
and Submit images to be critiqued. I especially love the live chats with some
pretty amazing photographers.
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
That’s a toughie trying to pick my top favorite images I
love too many! Here are some I picked out to share with you.
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Website | Facebook |
NBP Profile | Twitter | Google+ | Instagram
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
I am a mama of two girls, ages 5 and 2. We have two husky shepards
and we live in the country. I am a Twin. I love nature, cooking, being outside
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!