1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
About four years ago, I
was playing around with my dad's film camera and started getting really
interested in the settings and mechanics of the camera itself. I only
photographed people while I traveled, until a friend asked me to take her
maternity photos. Of course, I said yes. She loved them and then asked me to
take her newborn photos. The second I started clicking... I fell in love. The
setup, the tiny details, the love in the room..... I have been hooked ever since!
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I am located in Atlanta
and I travel to surrounding cities.
I have a home-studio, but there is something very special about going to client homes to photograph newborns. Families are so comfortable at home and the photos become so much more personal.
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I am the proud owner of a
Canon 5D Mark iii. My favorite lens right now is my 50mm f/1.4 and my macro!
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
I just love the simplicity
and newness of little newborns!
I also photograph maternity, babies, families, engagements, and weddings! My favorite part of my job is being able to grow with my families. Engagements turn into Weddings, then Maternity comes along and grows into Newborn and Family Sessions.
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
My style is very natural
and simple. My Lifestyle and documentary photographs are timeless. Evidence of
real LOVE is my inspiration... little details and smiles that I can capture
always gets me so excited!
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
Yes! I have taken a
workshop with Cherise Kiel Photography, which was fantastic! Also, I took an
online editing workshop with Cris Passos Photography, which taught me so much!
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
I find lots of amazing props at Home Goods and Antique Stores!
I absolutely love Intuition Backgrounds, Roses and Ruffles, Dear Felicity, and Luneberry!
8. What are three things you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
Write everything down! I
wish someone would have told me to write down and photograph the props I bought
to know who they come from, scant/print/save all receipts, and lastly, know you
are worth it!
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I have been a member for
about a year and I am always checking in to see what's new on the website. I
love being able to post my photos and have photographers who I admire actually
comment and critique my work! I also love the new resource page- such a fantastic
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
Natural and simple.
Everything I love.
This image is of an
adorable little guy with a golf ball theme. His family loves golf and I loved
being able to incorporate that into our session! Of course, the photo was done
using 2 composite shots. Daddy's hands were on the baby the whole time!
This is one of my absolute
favorite examples of documentary photography. Black and white is timeless and
you can feel the connection between the parents and baby.
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Website | Facebook |
NBP Profile | Instagram
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
My name is Nastja and I am
from Bosnia, but have been living in Atlanta for a very long time! I taught
Elementary School for 4 years, so my life has always been centered around
children! I have an incredible and supportive family and a 7 year old pup named
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!