1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
I really got into
photography after the passing of my brother, realizing we never really had any
professional images of him especially when he was just a baby. I made it my
life’s work to capture the moments we all sometimes forget, so families can
cherish each and every moment! I officially started business in 2014!
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I'm located in the North
Liberty/Kansas City Missouri area! I currently have an in home studio that I
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I shoot with a Nikon D700
and my go to lens is my Sigma 35 Art!
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
I love babies! Everything
about them is a miracle, so being able to capture them when they're brand new
is really something special. Some things as parents we don't always remember, like
the flaky skin, the little baby rolls, and those tiny features. I also love
Maternity - pregnant mommas make for some beautiful images!!!
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
I would describe my style
as natural, organic and sometimes fun!!!
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
Tons!!! My very first workshop was online and it was with The Milky Way I took their lighting class, posing, class and their newborn editing class! I then went on to mentor with the fabulous Nicole Smith Photography!! I would not have grown to where I am today without these ladies, they are all amazing!!!
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
I absolutely love going to
local antique stores, I've scored quite a few props in doing so! I also love JD
Vintage Props! Mia Joy Studio is a big favorite of mine as well!
8. What are three things you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
Definitely that it's not as easy as you may think!!! Shoot for myself! I think it's always good to shoot something for yourself whatever it is that makes your heart sing!! Don't work for pennies and to value yourself as an artist!!!
and work very hard. I'm confident success will come if you're all in
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I love being able to hop
on and gain inspiration from others in my industry! I especially love when in
my eyes Famous well known Photographers get on and help out with critique or
give their advice!! The support from the NBP.com community is amazing! I've been
a member for a little over a year I believe!!
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
These five are some of my
most recent and I love them because they show the growth of myself as an
artist. I've come quite along way since I started in 2014! These were all after
my mentoring with Nicole Smith Photography and I feel like she really helped me
to look at myself and find my style!
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Website | Facebook |
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
I'm a wife to a wonderful
man and the mother of 2 beauties, Aaden and Kennedy! I love making every moment
in life count! I love seeing the beauty in all things in life. I'm a crazy DIY
person and I love creating anything and everything I can!! I love to read, it's
my happy place. My life is pretty hectic, so whenever I can sit down and read
or make something I really thrive!
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!