1. How did you get started in photography and when did you start your business?
I have been in business as
a professional photographer specializing in newborn and baby photography since
2008. I absolutely adore my job and the fact that I get to be a part of such a
special time in my client’s lives.
2. Where are you located? Do you have a studio space or do you shoot on-location?
I am located in Boston MA.
I shoot in home newborn sessions which allows me to capture traditional posed
newborn portraits as well as more relaxed lifestyle images of baby's first days
3. What do you shoot with and what are your favorite lenses?
I am a Nikon girl! In my
bag is my D810 and my two favorite lenses, the 24-70mm f/2.8 and the 50mm
4. What drew you to newborn photography? Do you photograph anything else?
I am a very calm patient
person so from the beginning newborns were a good fit for me. I love taking the
time to get every little finger and toe just so. I also love the reaction I get
from parents when they see their new little love calmly curled up in ways they
did not think possible. Newborns are a hard subject for the average person to
photograph and I love that I can capture this fleeting and beautiful stage of
life for my clients. I do also offer maternity and baby’s first year packages
to my newborn clients.
5. How would you describe your style? Where do you find inspiration?
My style of newborn
photography is pure, simple and focused on natural poses. I love soft neutral
colors and textures and prefer to make the baby the focus of the session rather
than large props and accessories. I am inspired gorgeous light, soft colors,
and real emotion.
6. Have you taken any photography workshops/training?
I am a firm believer in
continuing education and participate in a variety of workshops and industry
events each year to stay on top of the latest trends, products and techniques.
When I was started out I got training from Kelley Ryden and greatly admire her
7. Where do you like to shop for props? Do you have favorite vendors?
My style is very natural
and organic so I love simple accessories that keep the focus on the baby. A few
of my favorite vendors are JD Vintage Props, Dolly Priss, Avonli Cottage and
Custom Photo Props.
8. What is something you wish someone would have told you when starting out?
Take your time learning your camera, learn to see and use light and get critique of your work before attempting any type of paid session. Then price yourself right and take the business side just as seriously as the photography. Be patient with yourself and accept that you will make mistakes. Learn from them and keep moving forward!
and work very hard. I'm confident success will come if you're all in
9. What are your favorite things about NBP.com? How long have you been a member?
I have been a member of
newbornphotography.com since the beginning! I love the supportive, positive
community and all of the daily inspiration found here.
10. Please share with us your Top 5 Favorite Images. Why are they your favorites?
So hard to narrow it down!
I choose these 5 because I feel like they represent everything I love –
gorgeous light, soft colors, real emotion and natural poses.
11. What is your photography site and NewbornPhotography.com url?
Website | Facebook |
NBP Profile | Instagram
12. Lastly, tell us about YOU! Who are you other than a photographer?
I am a wife and a mother.
Country music, Tory Burch, date nights, the ocean, my daughter’s laughter and
dark chocolate make me happy. I love good food and good cocktails. I love to
travel. I believe in hard work and simple kindness. I try to see the good in
people and embrace the joy in every day. I love photography and the opportunity
it gives me to preserve the precious fleeting moments in life. I have watched
my girls grow from tiny babies to beautiful girls and I treasure the memories
of every stage along the way.
Would you like to be our next Spotlight Photographer? Fill out our Spotlight Photographer form HERE! We look forward to featuring you!